"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Saturday, January 15, 2011

L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge "Learning Spaces"


This week I am entering this photo in the L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge about "Learning Spaces".  Please visit the Home Is Where You Start From blog to check out the other entries!  We have various learning spaces around our home where learning occurs, but we especially enjoy the times when we learn outside of our home! This week we are able to be far away from home on our annual family ski trip.  We have been practicing our skiing skills, reading maps & signs, learning perseverance, gaining self-confidence, and spending lots of time together as a family!  I took this photo just before J led me through the "tee-pees" in the woods.  I believe we have learned something well when we can teach it to another!

8 comments:

  1. Oh fun!! That is the best - when they can teach it back to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skiing through the tee-pees looks like great fun!
    The snow on the trees makes the trail very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joys of homeschooling, making the world our classroom
    Thanks for stopping by and great pics
    enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee-pees to ski through, that is really cool! Nice example of the world being our classroom. Thank you for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete