"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Colorado Ski Trip 2011

We just returned from ten days of visiting the beautiful mountains of Colorado!  My hubby grew up driving to northern Michigan to ski with his family.  He had a dream for our family to ski together. Over the last few years I conquered enough of my fear of heights to learn to ski down the easier slopes with D and the kids.  Now they zoom past me, but we all have fun!  We had fun times with some other friends and family along the way, too.  I am always so thankful for the fun memories that we create together on these trips.  Here are some photos to tell you a little bit about the journey.
Our family at Vail
Some great friends that joined us for part of the trip

B loves skiing through the teepees

Beaver Creek

My little man

J & B enjoying the ice skating rink

Frosted trees and a bright, blue sky

Daddy and his skiers

Mama and the kids



We LOVE our free cookies after a hard day of skiing!

Somehow we skied through this snowstorm!

Two of my favorite people

Our family with my cousin, who was working the Ski Patrol

Buddies

My cousin gets another technology lesson from B

Big kids and little kids all have fun together!

1 comment:

  1. The snow is beautiful! looks like you had a wonderful time. whew! We sure could use a vacation!!
    Give your mom a hug from me today!

    ReplyDelete