"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday #10

We had a great time on J's birthday on Friday!  I am thankful that because we home educate the kids that I could be with him all day on his birthday and even take him to his favorite place for lunch - Taco Bell!  His daddy made a special trip home on his lunch break to see him, too.  That afternoon we brought snickerdoodles for the snacks at our 4H meeting, as a special treat. This was also a meeting where everyone brought a project to work on and the boys all brought Lego kits.  Some friends even brought him a small, new Lego kit for his special day!  That evening we let him open our gifts and just "chilled" at home.
4H Lego projects

Saturday, after basketball games we headed to Rascal's Fun Zone and had a birthday celebration there.  We rode go-karts on the indoor tracks, played mini-bowling, had pizza, cake, and ice cream, J opened his gifts, then we played in the arcade.  It was very clean, organized, and fun.  We had several of his cousins, aunts, and uncles at the party and three of his really good friends.  The grandparents were sad that they could not make it because two were sick and two were stuck in bad weather, but we had fun for them!  :)  There was lots to do, everyone stayed busy having fun together, and new birthday memories were made! 
J at the wheel
Lighting 10 candles


This guest won 1000 tickets on 1 game!

Party boys!


B playing skeeball
J & his cousin J, both turning 10 years old

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun birthday! My son turned 11 on Friday.

    ReplyDelete