"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Friday, February 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011

J in the NICU, 2001
Today, we are all thankful for J, my oldest child!  He is turning 10 years old tomorrow!  I can hardly believe it!   He wrote that he is thankful for "me".  B said that she is thankful for her big brother.

I went into severe pre-eclampsia toward the end of January, 2001 and he had to be delivered early at 34.5 weeks into the pregnancy on Feb. 4 of that year.  I was in the hospital for three days before that and they just could not get my blood pressure to come down.  J was 4lbs, 12 oz. at birth and stayed in the NICU for 10 days, so he did fairly well considering his gestational age.  There were some bumps in the road with feeding, but it could have been much worse!
J at Beaver Creek, CO, 2011

I am thankful everyday that God allowed my body to get well and He gave me the opportunity to be a mother! I am really thankful for my life, my family, and friends.  I am thankful for my J-man! He has brought me lots of joy, laughter, hugs, and kisses.  He has also brought lots of little boy energy, jumping, tackling, wrestling, running, playing, trains, toy cars, tractors, super heroes, action figures, and fun times to our home.  At birthdays I always think back and remember what my children were like when they were very young.  J had a rough start, so I am thankful and proud that my son is growing and developing more every year. He is getting so big that he recently asked Jesus into his heart!  Although I am thankful for my family every day, my heart is especially full as I remember the uncertainty and the other possible outcomes for his birth.  I am VERY thankful today for such an awesome son!!!
We both LOVE chocolate chip cookies!

4 comments:

  1. I feel OLD remembering his birth! And I remember visiting you in the hospital. I felt so bad when Doug took me down to see him...b/c I could go see him and you couldn't. He was precious then and still is today! So thankful that God's plan was for everything to turn out the way it did...with a happy ending! Miss you guys! Take care and Happy 10th J-Man! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday to your son! Stopping by from iFellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good!!! Happy Birthday to your son! I am stopping here through iFellowship too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from iFellowship. I enjoyed reading through your blog and rejoice with you over your happy, healthy son. Love all the pics you share on your site. Looks like God has blessed your family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete