A Sad Colts Fan
In my life this week…
Okay, I am not generally a huge sports fan, I am usually content to watch a game here and there. However, I have been cheering for the Colts ever since I was a kid and the NFL is really the only professional sport that I watch or keep up on. Many of us here in Indiana have had a rough week! Not only did Jim Irsay release Peyton Manning from the Colts organization, but now he is releasing more front-line players! We do not understand what is going on and I can tell you that many unhappy Colts fans are not going to be able to cheer them on - maybe ever again! I know there are more important things in life besides football and I am keeping this in perspective, but it still stirs my emotions! Peyton has remained a loyal, hard working, top-notch leader and philanthropist during his entire tenure with the Colts. He will be greatly missed!
My friend, Amy, wrote this blog post, "Dear future Colts players."
And here is an article about Peyton (that made me tear up) called, "Thanks for the Memories."
In our homeschool this week…
J man didn't feel well and I had to bring him home from our Classical Conversations classes on Monday! I stayed long enough to lead all the classes in an introduction to our Orchestra unit. I spent hours last week (along with the help of my CC Director and my husband) working on our power point presentation and it went so well! Even the smallest kids in our group paid attention and enjoyed learning about orchestral instruments and music. The Orchestra Song was a hit and after teaching everyone all the parts, we split up into groups and layered all the parts together until we were singing in 5 part harmony!
J improved over the next couple of days and is now himself again! I was glad that no one else caught whatever "bug" he was dealing with. We had a really warm couple of days and got to walk the dogs and play outside a bit more. Since we worked so hard on the research reports last week, we enjoyed re-reading them, double checking the checklists, and preparing for presenting them next Monday. We also caught up on vocabulary words. It feels really good to have our presentations prepared and rehearsed on Friday afternoon! We also spent time at our local National Wildlife Refuge with our homeschool 4H group and soaked up some sun on Friday afternoon.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We were at home on Monday with my son feeling sick. The kids hair cuts were on Tuesday and B spent more time working on her Jr. Duck Stamp project. Wednesday we enjoyed our church activities and Thursday the kids had piano lessons and B carpooled with friends to ballet. Friday we enjoyed our 4H meeting outdoors and hubby and I attended a work-related dinner with friends while the kids stayed at home with our neighbor!
I'm inspired by...
I am reading through the Good Morning Girls Bible study of the book of Ephesians and studied part of Chapter 4 this week.
I’m praying for…
Families and the communities in the midwest that were devastated by the tornado's one week ago. Baby Elise is still "hanging out" in the NICU and turned one month old this week!
What’s working/not working for us…
I downloaded the new Classical Conversations Foundations Memory Work app. It is really cool! It has all of the Foundations memory work from this school year, Cycle 3, and we can go through all the weeks of one subject or select each subject for one week! I particularly like the geography because wile the audio is playing the names of the locations that we are memorizing, they are highlighted on the map! It helped with identifying rivers and trails and other physical features!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Please jump over to the blog hops at The Homeschool Mother's Journal and Hip Homeschool Hop! Have a great week!
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment