"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Monday, May 27, 2013

Book Sales and Track & Field Day



Written by Rachel, May 19, 2013

In my life this week…
We are finally getting some warm, spring weather here with highs in the low 80's!  Yippee!  We attended the awards presentation at our local National Wildlife Refuge last weekend to see my daughter receive a 2nd place prize in the Indiana Jr. Duck Stamp art contest!  She moved up to a new age division this year, too, so we were very pleased that she received an award. 

B and her award winning Jr. Duck Stamp artwork, the Cinnamon Teal above her head
In our homeschool this week…
Book sales!  I sold books at two different, local homeschool book sales this week.  It really took a lot of time to sort through things again, mark prices, load, unload, etc.  I am happy to say that I did make money on things that I do not need anymore and I felt good about helping some other home school mamas out.  I also found a few items for our home, but spent less than I made, bonus!
 
My favorite thing this week was…
Track and Field Day!  We had a blast at our local home school association's Track and Field Day at a state park.  It was warm, but cloudy and our whole family was able to attend this year, including my husband, for his first time!  We even brought the dogs and they had a ball.  Everyone enjoyed the fresh air, fun competitions, and time with friends!  This is about the 5th year we have had this event to mark the end of our school year, so now it really feels like our school year is done!


J actually beat all of the boys older than him for 1st place in the 10 and older group!

Our dog, Cody, got in on the fun!


The obstacle course is always a favorite!


I am reading ...
We just finished reading another fabulous book written by Patricia St. John entitled "Twice Freed".  I love how she made the Bible "come to life" in this story about a slave named Onesimus.  She skillfully weaves the stories of Paul, his companions, his writings, and this slave into a beautiful story about forgiveness from the book of Philemon.  It brought up many topics for good discussion.



Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Collage Friday,  and Weekly Wrap-up.  Have a great week!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment