"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, November 21, 2013

2013 Fall Break!

http://www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschooler.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/HMJ-Logo-Landscape-500x337.png
Written by Rachel, October 29, 2013

In my life this week…
We traveled to White Sulphur Springs, WV to the Greenbrier Resort!  My husband attended a conference there and we were able to accompany him and live in a luxurious, gorgeous place for a few days!  The fall leaves and flowers were vibrant and the air was cool.  We enjoyed talking in the car, talking about plans for the coming months, catching up, and spending time together.  We were able to spend most of a day with a cousin who lives in Virginia and that was so much fun!  Tammy is  my husband's cousin and we so enjoyed seeing her again after a two year hiatus. 

In our homeschool this week…
We enjoyed a break!  However, we also learned about the history of this old, historic resort and even walked through a tour of the grounds with the Greenbrier Historian which ended at the President's Cottage Museum.  I did read to the children and we played some games, but mostly we walked and enjoyed the beautiful fall views.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Every couple of months, it's helpful to take a few days off.  I tend to feel like I cannot take a break, like there is too much to do, but when I am "forced" to take a break, we are all blessed by having a more relaxed pace for a short while.


My favorite thing this week was… 
When we returned from the trip to WV, we were home for a couple of days and then we had to go out of town for another work related event for the weekend and I was able to spend the day with my friend and college roommate!  We even stepped back into the past by visiting our sorority house!  It was such a fun time of remembering seeing the beautiful improvements to the home.  The girls were so kind to us and didn't make us feel old!

I am reading ...
While on our fall break, I wanted to take a break from reading books about math, learning disabilities, and school!  So, I finally picked up the next Karen Kingsbury book, Coming Home.  It's been sitting on my nightstand for a few months and I am finally enjoying this novel that is not at all about school! 

I am grateful for... 
...time with my family in a beautiful place, safe travels, time with friends and family that I don't get to see very often.

I am praying for...
Some people we love who are going through hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment