"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Foundations Orientation for our New Community

I have been working all spring and summer to start a new Classical Conversations here in my hometown, after enjoying the benefits and blessings of being in the first CC in our area for the last three years.  Although we miss our old friends, we are excited to have some new friends and a few old friends here in our new community, some whom we have known as long as we've been homeschooling.  I'm excited, nervous, and worrying that I've forgotten something, but I just keep covering everything in prayer!  God has already blessed what started with two families and has brought eleven families and a total of 26 children from 4-14 years old to our community!  It's awesome to see how God has brought families forward and a wonderfully gracious facility, tutors, parents, and children all together and we are finally about ready to begin!  My son started Challenge A this week and Foundations and Essentials begin next week.  Here are some glimpses of the beginning of our new school year!

The song "Thrive" by Casting Crowns was a fun and energetic way to kick-off our year!  The mission of Classical Conversations is "To Know God and to Make Him Known", which I truly believe should be the core mission of every Christian.  Here are the lyrics to the chorus:

Just to know You and to make You known
We lift Your name on High,
Shine like the sun, may darkness run and hide.
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to THRIVE!

 I am super thankful that God has given us companions through different stages of our lives to walk alongside us on this journey, and in this stage of life, I am grateful for other home educating families in our community.  We were not meant to "do" life alone! 










No comments:

Post a Comment