Tuesday was a fantastic first day for our new Classical Conversations community! It was so amazing to see it begin and to see all of the families pitch in and help each other. We had a great day! There were many smiles and my own children enjoyed the day so much! After having tutored for three years, it was a nice change to be the director on our community day, because I could observe, listen, and help out where I was needed. I love tutoring, but I think I will also enjoy supporting the tutors and encouraging the families in this new role. We are off to a great start!
| Our first day of CC of Seymour! |
| Foundations Orientation & Ice Cream Social |
Both kids worked on tracing maps this week. The pets always seem to be close by while we do our school work! My daughter enjoyed using her new fine point Sharpies that Mary suggested for tracing the CC maps for geography practice. Her artistic abilities shine in this area and the bright colors made it more fun!
Our kids also attended their fall retreat for their children's choir and sang at an Arts Festival outdoors last Saturday at a hot, sweltering noon concert! Even in the heat, I enjoyed hearing the sweet sounds of their choir again and seeing so many familiar faces.
Last week, our son embarked upon his Challenge A journey for this year! We have actually been working for a couple of weeks because there were assignments to complete before the first class. I'm still figuring out a system of how to help him learn how to break down his weekly assignments into lists of what he needs to do each day. I will let you know how that develops.
I also posted our Back-to-School Photos and a short post about our first Foundations Orientation.
This is a real field of sunflowers in our area that we finally found on a detour driving to the retreat last Saturday. God's creation is stunning! Enjoy your week!





No comments:
Post a Comment