"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Monday, April 24, 2017

March, 2017

It's time for another update! We had a week of unseasonably warm days in February, so the daffodils have been blooming much earlier than normal and most of them have survived through the cold days that followed that warm streak. We, like the daffodils, are sick of winter and ready for the sunshine of spring! I feel like I've had more down days or days of frustration and discouragement, but that's the mid-winter of the school year for every teacher in America, I think!
  • J and I read and discussed A Tale of Two Cities and we read about half of Pride and Prejudice and finished it by watching the movie version.
  • J has been doing Experiencing God and I have enjoyed some discussions with him about how God "speaks" to us, it is nice for him to take a break and to get back to listening to his audio version of the Bible this week.
  • J and I are not doing the scheduled writing assignments in his World History unit study and  have been going through IEW's Elegant Essay lessons instead
  • We are also struggling with Rosetta Stone Spanish, so I have allowed him to take a break from it and learn with the Duo Lingo app instead. Both kids love this app!
  • He is dealing with some soreness in his back and is doing some Physical Therapy to help it heal

  • B is preparing a couple of pieces for a private piano recital
  • She has spent about ten weeks studying Ancient Egypt and is moving on to the study of Ancient Greece
  • She has read Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
  • We are enjoying Module 11 in our Physical Science book about laws of gravity and how they affect the solar system
  • We both finished reading The Cat of Bubastes, a story about Ancient Egypt
  • We have had some good discussion about the life of Moses and she completed an art project to honor God's Law 

No comments:

Post a Comment